Individual Psychotherapy in Atlanta, GA
In our disconnected world of perpetual business, it’s no wonder that so many of us are anxious, depressed, and searching for more. Individuals come to therapy for a variety of reasons. Although most come because they want to feel calmer and happier in the wake of life’s changes. Psychotherapy is an incredible tool that allows us to slow down, reach inside ourselves, and return to our true nature.
Each of us has the inner-wisdom and capacity to overcome the hardships that we encounter. Rather than offering advice, my job is to guide you towards your own answers. Through processing experiences, observations, thoughts, and emotions, I will help you identify patterns which may be blocking you and keeping you from moving forward.
I work collaboratively with clients drawing from a variety of techniques, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, positive psychology, mindfulness practices, humanistic psychology, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
EFT is a relatively new and a fast-evolving treatment that has been incredibly effective in my practice. It draws upon Eastern approaches that date back over 5,000 years, and I am thrilled to offer it to my clients when appropriate.
As a result of our work together, you may:
- Break out of cycles of numbing and disconnection
- Develop tools to deal with overwhelming emotions
- Move past limiting beliefs about yourself and others
- Accept difficult circumstances and life events
- Heal family of origin and relationship conflicts
- Create and maintain joyful and fulfilling relationships
- Learn to make decisions with ease and clarity
- Meet unresolved material with accountability and awareness
- Find self-acceptance and self-confidence
- Begin to see your own value
- Feel more grounded and courageous
- Find meaning and personal growth in times of life transition
- Create a life with intention and purpose
- Deepen personal spiritual connection
- Discover ways to live with more meaning and fulfillment
- Learn to live more fully in the present moment
My style is both supportive and gently challenging of perceptions and assumptions that hold you back. By going tenderly into our suffering and stuck points, we can find self-compassion and cultivate strength. Together, we we will bring healing to all parts of you: mind, body, heart, and spirit.
Many of my clients find that the best way to open up is to talk while we take a walk on the beltline or to the Old Fourth Ward Park. I am open to this and would welcome the opportunity to go outside. I also offer instruction on mindfulness meditation, so please feel free to ask me about it.
If my approach sounds right for you, contact me to see if we’d be a good fit.
“When We look into our own hearts and begin to discover what is confused and what is brilliant, what is bitter and what is sweet, it isn’t just ourselves we are discovering. We are discovering the Universe.” – Pema Chodron